Fat Loss 4 Idiots Book




Calorie Counting Chart - 5 Steps to Getting the Results You Crave


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Have you tried different ways to manage your eating and not been happy with the results? While there are no shortage of ideas on how to lose weight, every person is unique and finding the weight management system that works for you may take some trial and error.

Sometimes the most profound results come from the simplest sources. If you can add and subtract, you can use a calorie counting chart to manage your body weight. Success with such a chart can be an amazing and confidence-boosting achievement. I have personally used such a chart to lose twenty pounds so I know the concept works beautifully.

Here are five powerful steps to using a calorie counting chart that can bring you measurable results.

1. Understand what you're doing.

Using a calorie counting chart to manage your body weight should not be about deprivation. Instead, use the chart to understand what you eat and when. Becoming aware of your food cravings and emotional eating urges is priceless information if you are serious about managing your weight.

2. Set yourself up for success.

Don't start using a calorie counting chart the month you have two weddings to attend, five luncheons, and are hosting a family birthday party. Give yourself a better shot than that. Carve out a calm food environment in your life for a few weeks so you can give this wellness experiment your undivided attention.

3. Time.

Allow yourself at least thirty days of using this powerful tool before you re-evaluate. When I started using a calorie counting chart, I promised myself I would use it faithfully for at least ninety days. I could do something simple and healthy for ninety days, couldn't I?

It turns out, yes, I could. By doing so, I gave this system an opportunity to prove itself to me. I could always stop and go back to my old ways of eating after ninety days if I wasn't happy with the results. Well, after ninety days I had lost twenty pounds. What more results did I need than that? (If you would like more ideas about how to use a calorie counting chart successfully, plus a free chart for you to use, please see the resource box at the end of this article.)

4. Find a wellness buddy.

Support and accountability can mean the difference between success and frustration. Do yourself a huge favor and find someone who wants to get smart about their eating habits, too. Invite them to join you on a quest for healthier living. Using a calorie counting chart is a low-cost, simple solution to managing your weight, which makes it easy to share with a friend.

5. When you first start using a chart like this, I recommend you enjoy simple foods. You'll need to keep accurate calorie counts, especially at first, and it's easier to do so if you don't have to add complicated recipes into the mix. Trust me, you can figure out your calories from any recipe (I've done it for a year and a half now), but give yourself the chance to walk before you run. There will be plenty of time later for five-star recipes.

What is the real key to success using a calorie counting chart? Start slow, keep moving steadily forward, and give yourself the chance to become an 'expert' at this exciting lifestyle change.

Remember the results are all about you!

Colleen Langenfeld has been parenting for over 25 years and helps other moms enjoy mothering more at http://www.paintedgold.com. Get a free calorie counting chart and more tips here.


0 Responses to “Calorie Counting Chart - 5 Steps to Getting the Results You Crave”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Edit me!

ATOM 0.3